Sunday, January 30, 2011

What Do You Call Them?

Sweaters or Jumpers?

I was doing some research on some sweaters the other day and I noticed on ebay that in some of the listing titles on what we call sweaters in the US are also called Jumpers in other countries.  I asked the question on my Pink Hill Vintage Fan page what their thoughts were on this subject. I had one of my fans from Australia respond by saying that they call them jumpers there, not sweaters.  I learn something new everyday!

RED BEADED SWEATER 1  Victoria Harbour Black Sweater 3

If you know another country that calls sweaters – jumpers, please let me know by leaving a comment below.  Thank you! Have a great week!

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I haven't heard of a sweater being called a jumper before. Very interesting!

Deborah said...

Me either, thought it was interesting when I was doing my research on sweater titles for listing on eBay and saw a few other sellers had the word "JUMPER" so it peaked my curiosity.

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i've heard of them being called jumpers, but they're just plain old sweaters to me.

Deborah said...

same here Veronika...but I thought "hey" maybe using this in titles may help in sales in other countries that use this term. By the way! I LOVE your blog and your amazing outfits...your a very beautiful girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails